Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blog catch up

Last week my friend shared a company with me that downloads your blog posts and puts them into book form. I'd looked at another company, and it was too time consuming. This one is easy, and I like the layout. I have decided that I'm going to stop making an annual scrapbook (yay!) and make an annual blogbook. This way I can still have my pictures printed, but can also have the stories that go with them. This also means I need to do some catch up with little stories that weren't blogged about, but I would want to remember in print form. The website is www.sharedbook.com If you have a blog, you should check it out.

Steven has a thing for eggs. Every time I buy a new carton he wants to hold them and play with them, which has resulted in many cracked eggs. He has gotten pretty good at cracking them while helping me cook. A couple days before Easter I boiled a dozen eggs for us to decorate with their friends Lillian and Malcolm. I entrusted them into his care, and here is how they were returned to me. :-)


Since they were ruined I boiled my last five eggs and that is what we decorated.



The day before St. Patricks day Sarah decided she'd like to catch a leprechaun. She devised a plan, and even drew a sketch of the trap she wanted to make. Ours didn't have the string to pull, and we used a pencil instead of a stick, but it worked GREAT. We set the trap and put a jewel inside to tempt the leprechaun. We ran an errand, and when we came back the box was down. Sarah is sure she heard something inside the box, but when she brought me back to investigate the leprechaun had disappeared along with the jewel. He took a couple more things without us being able to catch him. We didn't get him this year, but next year will be a new adventure.


A couple weeks ago we went to visit Mike's grandma Sybil. She has cancer that is spreading, so we want to see her as much as possible. She's gotten to the point where she doesn't say our names, but she is always happy to see us, especially the children. She's a very sweet lady.


We celebrated Dr. Seuss's b-day by dressing goofy and reading our favorite books written by him.


I go to a book club each month, and Sarah decided to have her own. She invited a couple friends over and asked them to bring their favorite book. They read them together and then played.



We had a little snow storm in March and Sarah really wanted to build a snowgirl. Not a snowman, but a snowgirl. Her name is Olivia and she is 11 yrs old. She's named for a girl in our ward that Sarah really likes. She made sure she was dressed like a girl and was very proud of the end product.


Here is a random pet picture. Our kitten Diamond loves our little rose bush. She sits and stairs at it for hours. I'm not sure where her fascination comes from, but she loves it.


I still have other things I'd like to post, but am blogged out for now.

No comments: