Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

A couple days ago Mike and I celebrated our seven year Anniversary. Seven Years!!! I know that may not seem like a long time to some people, but for me it is significant. I don't want that to sound as if there has been anything to endure, adjust to, or suffer through, it's just been seven whole, wonderful years. If you're laughing because you've been married for longer, hush. j/k

Seven years and four days ago Mike and I were in Orlando on a trip Wells Fargo had sent him on, and he took me as his guest. We'd been dating for six months, and to mark the occasion he gave me a new set of scriptures with my soon to be married name on them as well as a beautiful diamond ring that is my most prized material possession. The next day we casually started joking around about eloping. It was the first time we'd ever talked about it, and at first it sounded crazy. Well, we called our families, and Mike called his Bishop, and we decided to do it. We eloped! (in case you didn't already know it.) We took a cab to the Kissimmee Florida court house and got married by a justice of the peace. We were already on vacation, so we didn't need a honeymoon, and it was already paid for. It was perfect.

That somewhat impulsive decision was the best decision I've ever made. I honestly give thanks to my Heavenly Father every single day for the opportunity to be Mrs. Steven Michael Starley. He has given me everything I could ever need, and other than the million dollars I keep asking for, everything I want. He is an amazing husband, father, friend and provider, and I'm so thankful he's mine.

For our anniversary we went on a family date during the day to Hollywood Connection. We tried roller skating with the kids, and it resulted in a giant bruise on my side from falling on top of Steven. Adam was a good sport and hung out.





Since Sarah and Steven's soccer coach canceled practice due to weather, we decided to go to dinner at Christopher's. It was meat and potato heaven for Mike.

It was a wonderful day with a wonderful man. Thank you for seven incredible years, I look forward to an eternity more!