Sunday, May 1, 2011

Who gave her permission?

I'm not sure where she got permission to grow up, but I know it wasn't given by Mike or myself. We got her school pictures back and she looks older. I used to think that I'd be happy when she went to kindergarten, because I would get more time with my boys and she'd be having fun, but I know I'm going to be sad.


Yesterday she had her dance pictures. Her outfit is similar to the one she wore two years ago, but she looks so much older.

Here she is two years ago


A couple weeks ago I started paying Sarah an allowance for helping me around the house. She also mops Mike's parents house each week and I giver her money for that as well. She was excited to not only earn money, but to also be able to pay her tithing. We filled out a slip and she asked to take it to him immediately. I told her she could wait a couple days until church. She was very proud to be able to hand the envelope to the Bishop even if it only contained some change.


I'm not sure where her inspiration for this outfit came from, but she loved it. She's started to care about what she wears. She asks for my opinion in the morning and in true big girl fashion hardly ever accepts my suggestions.


I know I can't stop time, but I really wish it would slow down. I only have my kids all to myself until they're five. That isn't long enough. I really need to make sure I'm taking advantage of every day I have with them, because five years isn't very long and then they're in school. I hope this doesn't sound too negative, I just really love all the time I have with my kids, and am going to miss it when it's cut due to school.

3 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

I know exactly how you feel. I've been feeling a lot like that lately. With Drew being 6 and Kaidence starting Kindergarten next year, I know I am totally going to cry. I just keep thinking 4 more years and I'll have a 10 year old. It's too weird. I think Sarah looks beautiful in her new picture. But she always does, even with her "fun" outfits.

Jes said...

I know exactly how you feel! It goes by way too fast. I am now down to my very last one not in school and it is so odd to only have one in the house, even if it is only half a day. next year Drew will be in full day Kindergarten! Tear! I can't help but notice how much Sarah looks like your mom, such a beauty!

andrea said...

she is such a doll!