Since most of Sarah's adult teeth had come in we decided it was time for an orthodontic consultation. As with her glasses, since some of her friends have braces, they are now super cool and she wanted them. The orthodontist said she could have them on as soon as she wanted and that was it. She wanted them. Now. We went in for a consultation and left with an expensive mouth of metal. I think she was lamenting it a little bit when the wires started moving her teeth and they started to hurt. :) The best part is that we got to break out some of our best braces nicknames. When my sister had them I called her Hepheastus, the Greek god of metal. She didn't like it. (I had braces, but they weren't on as long as hers) We also broke out, "Train Tracks", "Metal Mouth", and a few others I can't think of as I write.


No comments:
Post a Comment