This morning Mike woke up early and made me pancakes and eggs. I was really impressed since they were not only the first I've seen him make, but they were delicious. :-) Most of my gifts this year revolved around chocolate, which was fantastic for me. Now my only problem will be rationing it so it lasts more than a week. ;-)I really feel so blessed to be a mother to my wonderful children and wife to my amazing husband.
Yesterday we celebrated Mother's day at Hogle Zoo. It was packed, but we had a lot of fun. Sarah has a new obsession with Kangaroo's and everytime we'd pass an animal she would acknowledge it and then say she wanted to see the Kangaroo's. When we finally got to where their exhibit should be they were doing construction and we couldn't see them. Oh well, we bought a pass so we should be able to see them sometime soon. Here are some of the highlights:
The baby giraffe in the background has the same B-day as Sarah, but is two years younger.
It's amazing how much she's grown in two years. The picture below was her 1st trip to the zoo when we entered her into the "cutest baby/crawling" contest before she could crawl. Oops! It was a fun day and most of the kids didn't leave the starting line so no one knew she was a fraud. ;-)
We ended the day on the train which Sarah gets a big kick out of.
If any of you are willing to drive up there with me, we get a free guest each time we go and kids 2 and under are free, so let me know if we can have a play date. :-)
Happy Mother's Day!!! Relax and put the men to work. ;-)
3 comments:
Liz I am so glad you have a blog- now I can keep up with you. It is so fun to write about Cohen, it's like the best journal I have ever kept and with pictures. I would love to come to the zoo with you. And we all nee dto get together and play games. That's nice that Steven is so easy- you are so lucky. Happy Mother;s Day!
we should totally take the kids this summer! i'm going to be renewing my pass pretty soon! =)
Liz, its so good to hear you had a great mothers day. It sure doesn't suprise me, your so good with you kids. I can't wait to see you again.
Post a Comment