Today is officially a daddy-daughter day at our house. My dad flew in for the 25th anniversary of the Unitarian church he attended while living here, and is spending time with us on the side. I don't get to see my parents as much as I'd like, so it's always a treat when they're here. My dad, long before he married my mom and became my dad, introduced me to Indian food. I love it! A new Indian restaurant just opened in Jordan Landing, so we went there for dinner, and it was delicious. My dad and I have opposite views on everything from religion to politics, but he is one of the only people I can spend hours talking to and not running out of interesting topics. Although our views may differ, he is one of the wisest people I know and I really enjoy conversing with him. Tonight was the first daddy-daughter date we've had since Sarah was small, so it was a much needed event. :-)I love my dad! (I'll know if he actually reads this if he mentions this. ;-)
Mike and Sarah also went on a daddy-daughter date to the Jazz game. This is Mike's 4th playoff game this year and Sarah's 3rd. I think they're a little spoiled. Sarah came home last time with a "giant finger" that a nice lady sitting behind them gave to her. She says that Boozer is her daddy's favorite and the games are loud, but she loves going. I feel guilty enjoying the silence right now, but it's nice to have a little break every now and then.

Steven continues to be the easiest child ever. He has slept for 8 hours the past two nights and I'm not sure what to do with all this energy I have. Some might suggest exercise, but I never know when Mike is going to insist on a bike ride so I don't want to over do it. ;-)
We're headed off to Hogle Zoo for mothers day tomorrow so be prepared for a travel log. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment