Tuesday, May 27, 2008

IT'S A MIRACLE!

As far as motherhood miracles are concerned, today was pretty miraculous. Sarah woke up and took her customary first potty on her big girl toilet, and just for fun I pulled out all the "big girl" underwear we'd bought her and let her choose which ones she wanted to put OVER her diaper. (She chose Dora in case you're interested) The next two times she had to go, she told me, and then went in her potty w/o any problems. I took off her diaper and she proceeded to use the bathroom all day long. She even went poop once which was her first time. She went right before Mike got home and then was so proud she went right after he got home. She went well over a dozen times.

I'm writing this tonight because I don't know how tomorrow is going to go and I want to relish in this bliss. :-) I wasn't planning on starting her on potty training this week because I have a busy day tomorrow with Dr. appointments and business meetings, but I'll just bring her toilet with me. I really hope this sticks. I would LOVE to be down to one child in diapers. I'm just amazed at how well she did. She didn't have a single accident the entire day, AND I only hurt her feelings once when she was "helping" me cook, so this has been a great day.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. :-)

1 comment:

Tiffany Anderson said...

Yah!! Congrats! I hope she keeps it up for you:)