Before I get started I would like to proclaim that I love my daughter Sarah. I thank my Heavenly Father for her every day and I think she is wonderful in every way. I love her goofy smile, her sense of humor and her sweet spirit. I love it when her friends come to the door and she says "hey buds" to the boys and "hey girls what's up" to the girls. I love to hear her prayers when she says thank you for such things as kangaroo's, milk and birthday cake. She is a wonderful big sister and loves her brother Steven Douglas. (my dad came out last weekend and drilled that into her head so now that's what she calls him)
Having said that, I am having a REALLY hard time with this phase she's in. Sometimes I want to play hide and seek and hide really well. At times I have to give myself timeout before I get too upset because no matter how smart she is, she's only two and I need to remember that. Lately I can't seem to do anything right, and neither can Mike for that matter. No matter what I do she breaks out in tears and tells me I hurt her feelings. If I don't get her milk quickly enough I "hurt her feelings." If I don't read her five books instead of four before nap time she cries and tells me I "hurt her feelings." If I tell her not to touch the hot stove I of course "hurt her feelings." I'm so glad that she's able to talk well and express herself, but Oh My Heck!
Right now she is in her room crying for me to get her up because we read four books, sang five songs, snuggled with her, got her a drink, got her doll, said we loved her and gave her good night kisses.
I wouldn't trade any part of her for all the riches in the world, but I look forward to this period ending. (if it ever does)
She's still crying and asking me to "come snuggle," so I guess I will. Good night.
P.S. I just went in and said prayers, which we'd forgotten and she dismissed me right after. I know it's relatively early, but I want to go crawl into bed.
5 comments:
Oh I am so sorry. Sarah is so smart, that's great that she can talk so well and express herself so well. I know they all go through stages differently, but I think 3 is better than 2, so at least you have to look forward to. She is probably just relishing in the fact than she can express herself and voice her feelings and opinions. You're a great mom no matter what she says or does!!
Oh my goodness I finally found your blog! I am so excited! Sorry you are having a hard time with Sarah! I will take her if you want! :)
btw I need your address for my graduation announcements! Unless you didn't want one ........... ;)
Wow! that does not sound like fun, it seems like there is always somthing they are going through. Keep your head up :)
I can sympathize 100 PERCENT! Dallin is exactly the same, except he doesn't say I hurt his feelings, he just throws tantrums. I wish I had some fabulous, magic advice of how to handle a two year old, or at least get through this stage without losing your sanity. But I don't. If I did, I would be using it myself! All I can tell you is that you're not alone!!! You just have to tell yourself you're a great mom, because you are. And tell Sarah what a great mom you are!
ha ha!! It's funny when it's not my own kids doing stuff like that! But it is very frustrating! At least we can all know that we aren't the only ones going through this kind of thing and that all of our kids can be extremely difficult at times!
Post a Comment