For Audrey's one year pictures I took her to the illustrious JC Penney's. I wanted cute pictures but couldn't bring myself to pay the current price tag for fancy pictures. I think they turned out perfect!
Audrey can walk and has been able to stand alone for a while. She just doesn't WANT to walk. She'll get there eventually.
Liz Starley, young mom, wouldn't have bought these next two pictures. I have a cute picture of Sarah at six months sticking her toe in her nose. I had declined buying it, but the Target photographer loved it and put it in his display book and then gave it to me when they switched out pictures. It's now one of our favorites. I used to only want the "perfect" pictures. The other day I pointed out a darling picture I have of Sarah and Steven. Sarah is lightly biting her lip. Why? Because I was trying to get her to fix a "goofy" smile. Ugh! I'm glad I've been able to teach my kids how to avoid the pitfalls of young, uptight parenting, and more enjoy the sweet randomness of childhood.










No comments:
Post a Comment