Friday, March 28, 2014

Snips and snails and ghetto rat tails...

The original title of this post was, "Boys are GROSS!", but I felt like it had too much of a negative connotation even if I was jesting. (kind of) :) I think I have the two greatest boys in the world, but they have been known to do some gross things. I'm not saying girls are always perfect princesses, but my boys put most to shame. Here are some of the gross things Adam has done lately: (this is a post I'm preserving for future girlfriends)

While watching a movie he left numerous times to use the bathroom. Apparently using the toilet is too difficult, because he opted to urinate in the litter box. Three times. It's clumping litter, so I can understand the fascination but it's harder to scoop his than the cats. (TMI?)

He has also made a habit off using the restroom off our front porch, in parks and other public areas. We've talked to him, put him on time out, and received promises that he'll never to it again but it still does. I'm sure he'll grow out of it, but for now I have to give him constant reminders of where he's allowed to go potty.

Adam has a habit of running his hands through his hair, but not in the normal sense. Most kids, to the dismay of their mothers, wipe their messy hands on their clothes. Not Adam. He likes to wipe them in his hair. We've had honey, jelly, dirt, milk and some unmentionables. It's a funny habit he's gotten and until he grows out of it we'll laugh at our discoveries.

If there is ABC (already been chewed) gum lying around he'll grab it. He found an apparently delectable bunch at Steven's school playground the other day. He also showed up with a partially eaten sucker he found who knows where. I'm sure it's building his immune system but it's super gross.

Last but not least is his choice of haircut. This can't be called gross, but fits into the "puppy dog tails" category. Adam has decided to grow a rat's tail. Yup! We're going ghetto in the Starley household. I don't know where he heard of one, but he did and said he wanted to grow one.

Here is the tail in it's infancy...
March 2nd
Yesterday I needed to cut his hair for school pictures today. He insisted that I use the shortest clipper attachment we have (1/8") but wouldn't let me take very much off the top. When Mike got home even he thought it looked bad so I bribed him into letting me take a little more off the top to even it out a little. I think that the short length gives extra emphasis to the tail.
March 27th
 I'm fine with my kids choosing their haircuts but there's something about this rat's tail that makes me a little self conscious. :) My boss got a good laugh out of it and called it "white trash". Adam says he's going to grow it until it's "too long", so we'll see how long that is. (I'm finishing this post on the 31st and this morning he told my boss he's going to cut it when it gets to his bum. There might be an "accident" during a future hair cut.)




No comments: