Saturday, March 1, 2014

Ice skating with the kiddos

Yesterday we took the kids ice skating at the Olympic Oval in Kearns. Sarah's riding group was having their a potluck get together there so we got to enjoy some good food and company. Although we took Sarah ice skating when she was three or four this was our first time with all three. It was a lot of fun!




Adam was hilarious! They had little "walkers" kids could push around the ice and once he got the hang of it he became Mr. Independent. He wouldn't let me hold onto it and even though he fell a lot he got up again time after time like it was nothing. I think being so close to the ice made his falls a little easier to take.

Steven was a real trooper! He fell A LOT, but he never quit. He complained of hurting various parts of his body, but he wanted to keep going so he could get better. I think watching the Olympic ice skaters helped inspire the kids, because everyone had to start somewhere. I taught him how to twirl around and he did it over and over again even though it usually ended in him falling. His clothes were wet at the end but he enjoyed it. 
.
Sarah was more cautious than the boys and started out with literal baby steps. She and I held hands for a few laps and by the end she was doing great. Shortly after this video I tried to show off by twirling around and ended up on my back. Thankfully Mike's camera was already put away. :)

No comments: