I was only going to post the pictures we just took with them, but then thought it would be fun to include pictures of me with them during my mission. I laughed so hard. For any of you that have served missions, go back and look at the pictures. If you were half as nerdy as me while serving, then you'll have some great comic relief. I included before/after shots from various stages. OH the fun memories! (and if you want to make fun of my wardrobe, I outgrew all my cute clothes in the first few months and had to buy more. :-)
On Saturday we had dinner with my 1st Visitor Center Director, Elder Derrick, and his wife Sister Derrick. (no, I don't call them by their 1st names yet, but they are Tad and Willa) They are two really amazing people that I admire. Mike was worried about getting a long over due "are you worthy to marry Sis. Gauld" interview, but instead he got a lot of good pilot talk in. Elder Derrick is a retired Air Force fighter pilot and commercial pilot, so you can imagine how much Mike enjoyed listening to his stories. It won't be hard talking him into another trip.
Here we are after we ate dinner. They haven't changed at all.
Here we are at the beginning of my mission in the LA Temple Visitor Center.

Their mission ended before mine, so here I am with them on their last night. Sis. Derrick was just a little sad. She was very motherly to all of us.

On Sunday we went to visit President and Sister Christensen at their home. I love them both very much. Even with all of the missionaries they led, they always had time for a talk. Mike got more of an interview from Pres. Christensen than Elder Derrick, but he didn't mind. Sis. C played with my kids and gave Sarah the little crochetted baby bed she's holding.
Here I am with them my 1st day in the mission with my trainer Erin Comstock. (now a famous Roxy snowboarder :-) BTW, it had been a long day. :-)

Here I am with Sis. C and Sis. Benson during the mission when they held a fireside. She was my inspiration for loving Ann Taylor. Such a classy lady!

The Christensen's left before I did, so here I am saying good bye.


Here I am with my mom at the MTC when she dropped me off

And when she and my dad picked me up (funny story if you ever have a minute)

My two angelic MTC companions, Sis. Stoddard and Sis. Clark our 1st day in the MTC

And towards the end. (these two ladies are amazing!)

And since many of the people that actually read my blog are friends from my mission, here are some fun memories.
Bowling on P-Day Cheese factor 8.0

Wearing our flag shirts for the 4th of July celebration. Cheese factor 9.0 (one year in)

Wearing those same shirts under our jackets for a concert of some sort. I love Sis. Armentrout in the "hooker red" lipstick I made her wear. :-)

Yes, we planned this. Kelly and I talked our companions, Sis. Armentrout and Hna. Soto into matching with us. Cheese factor 10.0

Miss VC contest. Sis. Alvarez (Miss Spain), S. Cowley (Miss Bountiful), S. Benson (Miss Idaho), and me (Miss SLC)

And, here we are at the beach. :-)

There were so many fun/goofy pics I wanted to add, but I'd be boring too many people. :-)
"Make it a good one!" Pres. C
4 comments:
I loved looking at your mission pics! I have so many simuliar ones. Missions bring such great experiences, ones that we carry with us throughout our lives. I am coming up on my 17 year anniversary of going to the MTC! Wow! Now back to my busy day! Thanks for sharing!
Oh my! I forgot we did that. You're right about the cheese factor on that one!
So fun! I do wish I had given a hoot about my appearance in the mission :) you were never nerdy, and always adorable! I didn't know Sister Comstok is a famous Roxy surfer. And amen to the Derrick's not aging one iota. How fun you got to visit!
I mean, snowboarder
Post a Comment