I thought I'd give an update to how I've been doing with lowering my grocery bill. I'm am happy to report that I have dropped it by an average of $150 and I'm really happy about that. I've had to make some adjustments, and have become the coupon queen, but it has been worth it. Here are some reasons for my success:
Grocerysmarts - You can pick any grocery store and it rates the deals they're having and matches the weekly specials to coupons you get with the newspaper, mail and online.
Pinchingyourpennies- Great website for coupons to a lot of retailers and not just grocery stores.
I made my own laundry soap, and it works great. HERE is the recipe. They sell all of the ingredients at Smith's and you will spend $10 or less for a years worth of detergent. I had a friend that asked me how it smells, and it smells really good. :-) I'd be happy to give you the ingredients for a batch if you'd like.
I don't get to buy as much "all natural" and organic products as I would like, but someday my budget will probably be bigger. For now, I'll spend the extra time "hunting" for bargains and stocking up.
5 comments:
That is great. I have been doing that too. I love it now, it is a lot of work but really fun. I might have to look into that laundary detergent. What about for kids. I use the baby detergent for the kids clothes. Do you think it is gentle enough for the baby?
Sarah has really sensitive skin, and hasn't had any problems. I've only been using it for a few weeks, but it seems to be fine. All of the ingredients are laundry products, so I think you're fine.
way to go!!!! :)
That is wonderful with all you're doing with your grocery budget! I bet it feels great. And what a great post about going to St. George and seeing the Derrick's and the Christensen's. It was so fun to see the current pictures and the "mission" pictures.
Thanks for the recipe Liz! funny, I already have two of the three ingredients that I use in my cloth diaper washes so I just need to get the bar!
Post a Comment