Mike was going to the Big Island of Hawaii for a couple weeks, so the kids and I decided to join him after school got out. We had Audrey in a room with us and the big kids were in another room. It worked out well. The hotel had a couple nice pools and was right next to the beach. Since Mike had to work most days, the kids and I would hang out until he was ready.
Travel and there and back was thankfully fairly easy. On the way there we had to check my luggage at the gate since Audrey and I barely made the flight to LA. We had a long layover and hung out in the USO. When we got there we found out our luggage didn't make it. Not the end of the world, but we had to wait a day and a half.
Keeping Audrey's cast dry was one of our top goals and we ALMOST succeeded. We had it double layered in covers with lots of tape. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes she'd complacent, act like a normal five year old, and get it wet.
The boys did a fair amount of snorkeling and saw some turtles not too far out from the hotel.
The flight home was uneventful and Audrey got her own row. I'm glad our kids are good travelers.
The boys did a fair amount of snorkeling and saw some turtles not too far out from the hotel.
The flight home was uneventful and Audrey got her own row. I'm glad our kids are good travelers.





















No comments:
Post a Comment