Wednesday, August 9, 2023

"Happy" 10th Birthday Erik

 I'm not sure if Happy Birthday is the right sentiment for Angel birthdays. I think it is, but then it sounds weird, because we aren't actually celebrating, since they aren't completing another year of life. It's a Happy... because they lived, and that is worth celebrating, but I'm not usually overly happy on this day, and this year was no exception. Erik's birthday, and the days around it, were busy. Mike had a work trip, so we decided to wait until the weekend to celebrate. I went on a hike with my friend Emily in the morning, and then just mommed my other kids. Erik passed away ten years ago, which seems like a long time. 

For his birthday we went to Tepanyaki's again, which I think is our new tradition. We then visited Erik on Sunday and placed pinwheels on his and other angel children's graves. There are a few buried in his same area. 

It was an odd one for me, in that I felt a bit disconnected. I miss Erik every single day, but this birthday felt different. I can't wait until the day when we get to celebrate him in person. For now, we wait. Happy birthday sweet boy!





No comments: