Friday, October 18, 2019

Mesa Verde Days 1 & 2- Cliff Palace

We went with my parents and the Millers to Mesa Verde during our fall break. The weather is usually warmer, but it was a little chilly. We camped in the Morefield Campground inside the park and didn't realize until we go there that they were only going to have one loop open and that most of the sites were meant for tents. It was a tight fit for our trailer, but the kids LOVED our spot. They immediately started exploring and found great spots for forts. We had Angelina and Tony with us, so we had a very full car for the 8 hr drive.



On Friday we took a tour of Cliff Palace, which was inhabited by the ancestral Pueblos in the 12th/13th century. It was remarkable to see them so well preserved. My sister was a little upset to find our there had been some restoration, but 75% was original, so I think that's pretty good. ;) A lot of the dwellings weren't visible.















These next two pictures aren't to poke fun of my mom, just to point out a well known fact: My mother is not a photographer. I needed someone to take a picture for us and my mom grabbed the camera before my dad. She had the camera for a while and I tried to get it back. I figured she'd taken a bunch of pictures and I just needed to pick the "best" one. She only took two. These two. Out of all the opportunities. We got a kick out of it and love her for trying. 



No comments: