Last year my friend Emily (pictured) told me about a winter race series where you run a 5k, 10k and 15k to prepare you for the spring half marathons. The first up was the 5k. It had been a long time since I've ran a 5k, so my previous PR was 26:11 from a race I did right after moving to Mississippi. (Oh how I miss running at low altitude) I was hoping to beat that, which I did. My time was 23:57 which is 7:39/mile. I was happy with it. (Emily beat me like always)
For the 10k, I didn't really have expectations. My previous PR was low 50 mins and I knew I could beat it, but it was really cold, really windy, and I'd gone skiing the day before so my legs were tired. I came in at 50:46 for an 8:07 pace, which I was happy with as well. I never caught up to Emily and she took 2nd in our age group.
She and I were both set to run the 15K, but I found out shortly before that I was pregnant and I didn't want to take any chances. (I plan on sitting on my behind for nine months and worrying about the weight after) ;) I messaged her to ask if she was going, and thankfully she wasn't, so I didn't have to spill the beans yet. I'm going to run it again this next winter and I'll push Audrey in the stroller. (It's June and I'm 19 weeks along, so we know it's a girl)




No comments:
Post a Comment