Sunday, February 4, 2018

Salt Lake 5K with Ben (and temple run)

When I was 5-9 years old (or so) my mom was married to a man named Mark that had three kids named Ben, Tiffany and Nick. Ben and Beck are the same age, as are Tiff and I and Nick and Jess. We all got along great, and have stayed in touch through the years. It's the only time in my life I've had brothers, so I still claim them. A few months ago Ben posted on Facebook that he wanted to get out of his introvert shell and try new things. I recommended signing up for a race and told him I'd run it with him. He took me up on the offer. He hadn't ran much in preparation, yet still managed a 10 min/mile, which is great. It was fun to catch up.




The day before the race I ran from the Draper temple to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Not only was it a neat run, but it happened to be the longest I've ever ran, since it was a little over 14 miles and I'd "only" ever ran half marathons before.

No comments: