Monday, July 14, 2014

Steven's end of year adventures

Steven's year ended with a kindergarten program on June 26th and an awards ceremony the day before school ended. Steven is a great little performer and is always fun to watch. There is never a dull moment with this kid. :)


Here is Steven receiving his Hawkeye award. He did a great job.

For the last day of school they had a field day where the kids rotated around different water activities. At the end they had a fire truck come and spray the kids with the fire hose. They usually kept it above the crowd but sometimes it would find it's way down and give the kids quite the soaking.

Adam running to join the fun

The kids with Zak, Steven's Minecraft buddy
Steven's teacher, Mrs. Melzer, was wonderful. She seemed like the perpetually happy type, which is surprising considering her job is to teach a large group of five year olds. She loved Steven and always had nice things to say to him and about him.

Here are his grades. In the past I've added them to an annual folder, but it might be easier and fun for him to see them in our family scrapbook.  (unless then day comes when it isn't fun, and then I won't do it) :) We decided we're going to pay them a little for getting good grades, but it's hard when they don't really get traditional grades. I guess that's in the upper grades.
His school picture. I'm not sure where his class picture is. Hopefully it shows up with the other things I seem to be missing. :) I really love his smile!

No comments: