Monday, July 7, 2014

Sleeping Baby

Mike and I don't usually let the kids sleep with us but every morning is "mandatory snuggle time" when the kids can come in a little before it's time to wake up. Their internal clocks wake them up somewhere between 6:30-7. It's nice bonding time. (unless I'm really tired and taking elbows/knees in the back.) While Mike is gone I try and think of ways to ease the kids missing him. One thing that works is letting them take turns sleeping in our bed. It's usually just once a week, but they all love it. Adam somehow manages to sleep in my bed more than the others. He usually comes in the middle of the night and I'm too tired/lazy to put him back to sleep.

Here he is one night when he INSISTED on bringing all his peeps to bed when it was his turn to sleep with me.


One of the many things I love about him is that he's 100% mama's boy. When Mike got home Adam wanted to say more meal prayers than usual. He mentioned Mike leaving, but since I can't hear well I assumed it was him praying Mike wouldn't have to leave again. Nope. He was praying that Mike would leave soon so he could sleep with me. We both got a laugh out of it. Since they love sleeping in our bed I'm going to sleep in their beds a few nights so each of them can take a turn sleeping on my side with Mike. It's only fair. Maybe that will stop Adam trying to get rid of Mike. Maybe. ;)

1 comment:

Home Is Where We Land said...

hahaha that's such a great picture! These are definitely going to be special memories for you all! You'll have to show them this post when they're all teenagers and don't want to come home by curfew ;)