Here are some close up shots of our new little guy.
Sarah and Steven already love him. (of course) They came to visit us yesterday in the morning and evening and Sarah just wanted to hold and kiss him. When Steven wasn't pushing buttons on my bed, he gave Adam attention as well and was as soft as he could be. Mike told me this morning that Sarah offered to have her room painted blue with airplanes so Adam could share a room with her. :-) She is going to be such a great big sister to him.
Mike's parents watched the kids on Sunday, and brought them in for a visit. Sarah got to hold him in between everyone else taking a turn, but that wasn't enough for her. She was so impatient to hold him, that when Lynette requested another 10 minutes with him I had to set my phone alarm to keep her happy. As soon as it beeped, she sat down and asked for him.
Here is a little info about his arrival if you're interested. Adam was due on the 24th, but we figured he'd come a week or so earlier, because both of our other kids were early. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were Youth Conference and Friday ended up being a busy day for me. We took the youth to the temple in the morning for baptisms, then they played games and had lunch with some youth from Ireland and we watched a movie in the gym. We adjourned for a few hours and then took the kids to a rec center from 7-10 PM to swim. (no, I did not scare anyone by getting into a bathing suit) :-)
I've had a lot of Braxton Hicks this pregnancy, so it didn't phase me too much to have them while at the pool. What did make me wonder, but their increased intensity. My Bishop looked at me a little strange when I went to talk to him and had to slow to an almost stop because of a contraction. I got home around 10:15 and it only took a couple more contractions to determine I was in labor. A friend/neighbor came to our house around 10:40 to stay with the kids, and we were at the hospital by 11 PM.
My contractions weren't very close yet, but I was in labor, so they started me on antibiotics for my Group B Strep and then gave me an epidural. I had considered going o'natural until my real contractions began. :-) Once my epidural was in my contractions went crazy. I could see them, but thankfully not feel them. During a long, and intense contraction, that I'd like to mention again I couldn't feel, Mike made me laugh and my water broke. My Dr arrived soon thereafter and Adam joined our family at 1:30 AM on Saturday the 10th.
He is a beautiful, wonderful little boy, and we are all so grateful to have him in our family.
9 comments:
He is one good looking little boy. Sounds like everything went okay! I am sorry i wasn't here to bring you dinner right after, but anytime this week I am bringing you guys dinner! I can't wait to meet him. And remember I want to have Steven come over and play- Anytime!
What a story! So exciting for you guys!! Love the pictures and the experience you shared. I love you so much Liz. You are a beautiful momma with a charming little family.:) congratulations on your new addition!!!
AW! Congratulations Starley Family! So glad Adam made it here safe and sound, and so adorable too! :)
Congratulations! You're amazing!
He is super super cute! I miss holding him. Congrats to you, love ya!!
He's beautiful. I love that Sarah offered to have her room painted so she could share - she's so great. Congrats. I can't wait to meet him!
Congrats! So glad we got together when we did- we cut it close! Good luck with THREE and we'll come visit again soon!
He is such a cutie! And if he grows up to be anything like your other two, I can only imagine the fun personality he will have. :) We just love your cute family, congrats! :)
Yay! Congrats on baby Adam! I am glad all went well with the delivery and that nothing happened at Youth Conference. I love that Sarah offered to redo her room boy style. What a sweet sister!
Post a Comment