Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's a Boy!

On Monday we found out that we're definitively having a baby boy. We are VERY excited. I thought that Sarah would be disappointed, because she wanted a baby sister, but she's just as happy to help out with her new little brother. Although I would have been happy with either sex, it will be nice for Steven to have a play mate. Sarah is a little princess, and poor Steven would have grown up wearing nail polish and tutu's if he was sandwiched between two sisters. :-)

Here is a profile picture


Up top, there is a part circled that says "I'm a boy"


My pregnancy so far has gone really well. The first trimester was a little rough, but once it passed I went back to feeling almost normal. (besides the ever growing belly) I get a little tired, but I allow my self to rest when the opportunity arises. Steven doesn't really understand what's happening yet, but Sarah is very excited. She has a box under her bed of toys and books she's saving for the new babies arrival.

Now we just need to decide on a name. We don't really have any picked out yet. Mike isn't one for picking out names, but he is really good at using his veto power against most names. Here are some of Mike's conditions:

1. No more "S" names. Sarah and Steven weren't picked because of their first initial, and Mike doesn't want another S name. It's too bad, because the only name I've thought of starts with an S.

2. NO creative names. If it's "new" and "interesting", he isn't interested. He likes traditional names, but you'll be surprised at how many traditional names can be tied to people he didn't care for and therefore can't be used. :-)

3. No preppy, rich sounding names. If it sounds like it should have a III after it, he'll say no.

4. No names that seem popular as pet names. We know a Jackson and Cooper off hand, and he could probably rattle off more.

If you can think of a good, traditional, normal name that fits within these guidelines, please feel free to leave it in a comment. If you end up naming our child I'll give you a $20 gift card. :-)

6 comments:

Mike said...

I'm going to suggest "Rambo" Now where's my $20?

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

Okay- I have been thinking long and hard although Rambo was what I was thinking I will suggest something else.
Okay traditional: Matthew
Not that unusual: Levi, Dallin, Kimball, Benson
Super unusual yet the best ever: Bronco or Mahonri
Moriancumer (we can call him the brother of Steven for short)!
I know I am pretty much going to win, but in case you dislike ALL of my names then we will watch your kiddos while you and Mike have a date at Barnes and Nobles and spend and hour looking at baby name books- that's how we found Cohen's name!

Amber said...

Tyler, Joshua, Lucas, Caleb, Ryan, Jacob :) And I LOVE Dallin!

Becky said...

I always wanted to name one of my boys Mitchel. I love that name! Erik would never go for it though, because of the initials, MM. Dumb!

Jamie said...

Hmm...gees Mike not many options! (:

Ill give you all of our nephews names: Parker, Spencer, Zachary (Zach) and Tyler.
I used to babysit a Thomas, and he was the cutest kid!!
good luck (:

Liz said...

Thank you for the suggestions ladies. Crystal wins the "making my husband laugh" award, but not the $20.

Amber, Mike hasn't vetoed Tyler, but vetoes the rest. :-)

Becky, Mike agrees with Eric. :-)

Jamie, Spencer is the name I want and Mike won't allow. Tyler isn't vetoed yet, but Parker brought a "come on Jamie!" (too preppy)

Do you see my problem? His name is Mike and he is the wonderful father of my nameless child. :-)