Sunday, March 28, 2010

Story telling Sarah

Sarah loves to tell stories, and I love to share them.

She asked to come to the Young Women General Conference broadcast with me. She kept herself busy drawing pictures and writing letters. She has been sounding out words and writing what she thinks they are if she's unsure. She wrote the following note "to the young women" w/o asking for help. (She wrote the right side first)


Translation: Love Heavenly Father for Young Women. Go to Church to learn about Jesus... Young Women. :-)

On St. Patrick's Day I went into Sarah's class to pick her up. She's a bit of a teachers pet, if you can imagine. One of her teachers asked me for a copy of the picture Sarah had recently brought to school. She draws so much I had no idea what she was talking about. She asked Sarah to come draw it on the white board and I immediately knew what she was talking about. After drawing it she gave a very animated description of what the picture means.


The man in the middle is Jesus. The two men on the outside are the bad men that wanted to kill him. Jesus is sad and crying because he is going to be hung on a cross, but in three days he'll be resurrected. (she went into the story of his burial and resurrection w/Mary coming to the tomb) The little person at Jesus' feet is Sarah and she is crying because she loves Jesus and is sad for him. There is a heart on the right side because she loves Jesus and Jesus loves everyone.

I can't retell it as well as she explains it, but it was very sweet. Sarah gave her teacher a copy, and her teacher in response wrote her a very sweet thank you letter and told Sarah she was going to hang it up in her house. I love my special little spirit and the joy she brings into my life.

2 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

She is so ridiculously smart!

Jamie said...

Amazing Sarah!