Friday, December 19, 2008

"Just what little girls do"

That is what Sarah told us these last couple days when she was caught doing things she shouldn't have.

Yesterday her friend came over for a play date and I thought they'd be fine while I got ready. Hmmm...two three year olds unsupervised. Lesson learned. :-) Sarah decided they were thirsty, and since it was cold they should make some hot chocolate. She climbed on the counter, got two cups down and they each took turns scooping generous amounts of powder into their cups. They then carried them to the fridge, filled them up until they overflowed and then carried then back to the counter dripping the whole way.

I wanted to get a picture of both girls, but I think the other girl thought they were going to get in trouble because she quickly put her cup down and went in the other room. Sarah on the other hand was incredibly proud of her ability to make hot chocolate and wanted to tell me all about it.



Today while I was at the store Mike "watched" the kids. (about as well as me yesterday) He read the newspaper in the kitchen while Sarah and Steven played in the living room. Mike had brought in a new package of TP and left it open, and the kids got creative. I liked toilet papering people when I was younger, but I thought the basic rule was that you don't hit your own house, and definitely not inside. :-) Sarah informed Mike that the tower of TP is the tower the snow princess is in.

4 comments:

Kristal said...

Oh that is hilarious!!! Brandon likes to "watch" the kids too ;)

Jamie said...

Ha ha! Classic!, remind not to have Mike watch my kids:)

I think Sarah is so dang funny, love her in her Kanga costume!

The Hill's said...

I love how Sarah knows how to make hot chocolate. It's a good thing you guys buy it in the big can.

Kelly said...

It's amazing what kids can accomplish in a short amount of time!