It was parents year for Thanksgiving, but due to Mike's school and work schedules we couldn't go over Thanksgiving, so we went the weekend before. They live in North Plains, Oregon, and as long as you don't mind living without TV and a microwave, it is an incredibly beautiful and relaxing place.
On Saturday, shortly after we arrived, I saw Twilight with my mom and little sister Ash. You can get my take on it from a previous blog. Then my friend Corinn picked me up from the movie theater and we did some Christmas shopping. It is so nice to be able to catch up with friends when I visit my parents.
The most exciting thing that happened was Sarah's b-day gift from my parents. They bought her a kangaroo costume complete with a "roo" in the pouch. If you know Sarah, this means she wore it the entire time. She wore it to feed the horses, ride the horses, and even sleep.
She also loves horses and got to ride one by herself a few times and with Mike once. She learned how to feed them hay with the pitch fork and it was cute to see her give them treats.
She was also excited about her rides on the tractor. She used to be scared of it, but it's apparently cool now.
Steven had fun chasing the many dogs around and also eating dirt. Yummy! My parents have temporarily adopted my sisters Boston Terrier and Pit Bull(sweetest dog ever, but huge) so there were four dogs tales for Steven to eat.
We visited OMSI while there and Sarah had a lot of fun exploring the different science activities. I love these pics of her and my sister Ashley with the static electricity ball. (I have more pics I'm waiting on from my mom) Her favorite part was the flubber, which I found the recipe for.
We got home on Tuesday night and had a yummy Thanksgiving feast with Mike's family. For the 2nd year in a row Mike has made the pumpkin pies, which brings his total of things he can cook to 4. :-) It's nice having his family so close. We've only had to pay for babysitting once. (thanks Starley's :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment