Name: Steven(after Mike and his Dad) Douglas (my dad)
Birthday: January 25, 2008
He was very eager to join our family. At 32 weeks I went into early labor. They were able to stop it, but I was on bed rest until 36 wks. After that we were ready, but he wanted to tease us a little. I had a couple false labors that took sent us to the hospital with anticipation, but when he finally decided to come, it was time. At 39 weeks, he decided to come on the day I was set to be induced. I arrived at the hospital and 29 minutes later he was born. Many of you might be thinking I had him natural, but he would have come after 15 min had I not insisted, and then waited for, an epidural. I arrived at the hospital just in time and Mike and I are grateful they worked so fast. :-)
He weighed 7lbs 8 oz (exactly like Sarah) and was 20in long
Since then he has been nothing but a pleasure. As an infant the only time he cried was when he was hungry or tired.
He loves to smile, and doesn't discriminate in who he gives them to.
March
April
May
June
July
August
September (hmmm, they are almost all of Sarah)
October
He has been a really good eater since the beginning. I only just switched him to the bottle. (little sharp teeth. Sorry guys) Like I said above, he does get mad when he's hungry. If we don't feed him fast enough he yells at us. His favorites are multi grain Cheerios, carrots, cheese and peaches. He does well with baby food, but loves what we're eating, especially lasagna.
Thankfully he hasn't gone through any stranger phases yet. Mike's parents watch them all the time, and he never seems to miss us. He's a total momma's boy, but thankfully doesn't freak out (yet?) when I leave.
I just took him to his 9mo checkup and he weighs 19 1/2 lbs (Sarah weighs 27), is 29 1/4 long, and has a big noggin at 20 in.
He already shows a preference for books. Like his sister he likes ABC books. I think it's the rhythm of the song and the variety of pictures. If I try and read a book he doesn't like he'll look down at the other books and squirm until I get one he likes. Then he tries to "turn" the pages, which means grabbing them and eating them.
He loves the cat. Mosey might attack us, but she is so patient with our kids. Steven chases her around all day and laughs when Mosey swipes at her. (she's declawed)
He loves to play tag. If you crawl around he'll squeal in delight and chase you around the house. He's really jumpy, but loves when you jump out and scare him.
He loves it when Mike comes home and lights up the moment he sees his dad.
He completely loves Sarah. She can look at him and say "Boo" and he'll bust up every time. Thankfully she loves him right back and they can play together.
He loves to pull hair and is a pro at intertwining his fingers and pulling. He's also a bit of a biter, but every time I tell him no I hurt his feelings.
He can climb up our entire flight or stairs, can cruise around holding onto furniture, and starting a couple days ago he can stand up w/o holding on to anything. This boy is all over the place. Nothing is safe. I knew a boy would be different, but holy cow, I have to watch him all the time. :-)
He really is just all energy and all boy. I love him so much and am grateful to be his mom. (ditto for Sarah, her post will come later in the month after her B-day :-)
1 comment:
He is such a cutie pie!!
Post a Comment