Monday, April 14, 2008

Baseball games, Blessings and Airplane crashes

This last weekend has been the nicest I've had in a long time. It was so much fun as well as peaceful and quiet. We got to spend time with family and friends and had a lot of time to ourselves as well.

Our Friday wasn't really exciting although you may be interested to know we are having a "Lord of the Rings" marathon. Yes we are nerds! The best thing is that since we can't watch it until Sarah goes to bed we've only gotten through about an hour of the first one in the last three days. :-)

On Saturday we joined our friends the Whitney's and my sister Kris and kids at a Salt Lake Bee's game. It was all of the kids first time and they really enjoyed it. They have a playground behind the grass in the backfield for kids and a train they can ride after the first inning. I don't think anyone watched much baseball, but it was a lot of fun to be there.




On Sunday was Steven's blessing. Mike gave him a really sweet blessing and thankfully we had a good number of friends and family that came to see and participate. Even the normal non-church goers made it out, which is impressive considering our church is at 9am. Mike really does love his kids and just like Sarah's blessing, this one was really special. Too bad he "got something in his eye and throat" again. Darn those inside dust storms. ;-)

Everyone came over to our house after for some light refreshments and mingling and the whole house was cleared out by noon. We had the entire day to ourselves so we napped and took a nice long walk around the surrounding neighborhoods. It was so nice outside, it really was the perfect day. I love how Sundays really prepare us for the week. I think God really knew what He was doing commanding us to have a day of rest, because we need it. We need to have a day without errands, stress, and even certain types of entertainment. It felt so good to just lie in bed knowing there was nothing else that needed to be done at that moment.







My parents also had a pretty exciting day up in Oregon. The weather was nice so they decided to take my Dad's plane for a ride. He has an older, but really nice Mooney which is kind of like an airplane sports car. Before they flew any distance my dad, being the cautious pilot he is, decided to do some practice landings. On the first landing the landing gear failed and the plane crashed. They were both fine, but the plane will need some work. The propeller is of course bent and I assume the under side of the plane isn't too pretty, but thankfully no one got hurt and my dad has insurance.

That will teach them fly on the Sabbath. ;-) J/K




Another side note is that Mike heard from the Air force recruiter and the board is in session and looking at his application, so we'll see. We won't find out until June, but we're still hoping for the best.

A girlfriend of mine that isn't on Myspace of Facebook asked for pics of Steven, so here you go. He is such a smiley baby. With Sarah we took pictures every day, but I've been more of a slacker with Steven.

5 comments:

larrasheppard said...

Your family is so cute, I am so glad that everything went so well for you this sunday.

Tiffany Anderson said...

He's so cute. Sorry we couldn't make it to the blessing!!

Miranda Whitney said...

Steven has the cutest little smile. Thanks for the great time at the ball game.

.:.stephanie.:. said...

i'm sorry we couldn't make it. i had a horrendous cold that i spread around the house here and just assumed you didn't want it too. ;) he sure is adorable though!!

Valerie said...

Liz, I'm so glad to have found that you have a blog! I haven't seen your kids since Sarah was tiny. They are SOOOO cute! I didn't know Mike was doing an MBA program. I know it's wonderful to have a husband WANT to do that, but, well, at least it doesn't last forever! I didn't recognize you at first with your new haircut. I think it's fabulous. Do you like it?