Yesterday we had to say goodbye to our sweet perma kitty Diamond. She developed kidney disease a couple years ago and her body finally gave up. Even though we knew this day was coming, it was sad once it happened. I left her curled up on my bed and when I came back, she'd passed away. We had her cremated, and she's sitting a little box by Mosey. (Hopefully those two are finally getting along in heaven)
If you don't know how we got Diamond, it's kind of a sweet story. I found her outside Mike's parents house one day. She was a tiny baby and I didn't want to leave her in the street. I brought her home to call animal control and told the kids to not get attached, because she wasn't ours. Sarah of course got attached, but dutifully put her in the carrier. She then cried quietly at the window saying, "Diamond, Diamond..." Two weeks later, Mike "rescued" her from the shelter and brought her home, repairing Sarah's broken little heart. We had her for a little over 15 years, and were sad to see her go.





No comments:
Post a Comment