Thursday, September 16, 2010

My husband "The Tool"

There are many adjectives I can use to describe my husband: Handsome, intelligent, industrious, thoughtful, athletic, wise, kind, funny, spiritual, Handsome (did I mention that)...but there is word that describes him perfectly, Tool. My husband is a tool, and not just any tool, a tool that will do anything for his little "daddy's girl." Yes, my husband is Sarah's personal tool. :-)


Last Thursday I saw a stray kitten by my in-laws house. I knocked on a neighbors door, and asked two neighbors outside if they know who it belonged to, but they didn't. I didn't want to leave it outside, so I brought it home with the intention of getting it to animal control. I told Sarah what I was doing and to not get attached. She did not mind at all, or so I thought.

Sarah gently cradled the cat all day and even named it Diamond. She named her Diamond because she is a sweet, sparkly cat. I kept reminding her that I'd called the shelter and they would be sending someone to get her so she could find her home. Every time she said that was fine and just kept playing with her.

In the evening the door bell rang and there was a man with a cage. Sarah dutifully put Diamond in the cage, turned around and began sobbing. She didn't throw a fit, she wasn't mad, but her little heart was broken. She cried all night long. She sat by the window calling out for Diamond. I reminded her that I'd said this was going to happen, but Mike gave me a big "Duh, of course she got attached speech," and also said I must not know my daughter well enough. (it was said nicely)

She drew this picture to illustrate her sadness. The crying girl is Sarah, and the S's on her face stand for sadness. The cloud above her head is like a dream and she is thinking of Diamond. The cat on the left is Diamond. She is in a cage and crying. The cat on the right is Mosey, and she's mad because she doesn't like Diamond. On the bottom of the page are various parts of Diamond drawn individually. Along with some random pieces of pizza.


To get her to cheer up I told her we could visit Diamond the next day at the shelter. Mike thought that was a bad idea, but I wanted to make her happier. I didn't want another cat, and Mike doesn't even like the cat we have. We visited her for about half an hour so Sarah could say a proper good bye and that was the end of it.

Until Today. I was at my in-laws again and Mike walks in, with Diamond. Yep, he went to the shelter and adopted her to mend his princesses "broken" heart. She was overjoyed and has been mauling her all day. :-) He's a very sweet dad.


No comments: