Friday, May 24, 2024

Sarah's High School Graduation

 Well, the day came. Our first Princess has officially graduated from HS. She's officially, officially adult and could be on her own. Le sigh... :) 

Since Sarah was an SBO, she got to speak at Graduation and was in charge of introducing all of the dignitaries, including board members. (I got to be there) This also meant she was the first person to receive her diploma after all the talks. The Principal, Mrs. McPhail, was all about efficiency, so it took a whopping hour and 20 for the whole thing. Not sure what to expect when Steven graduated with his class of 1k in a couple years. 




Each year a member of the Board of Trustees formally "accepts" the graduates and gives a short speech. The honor fell on me this year since I have a graduate. I guess I could have modified the speech, but I just went with what Mrs. McPhail gave me. In hindsight I could have added more, but didn't want it to come off as braggy or too centered on Sarah. It was pretty cool that we were both able to be a part of the ceremony. 



Here is Sarah walking to get her diploma. She actually left the stage without it, but Mr. Marshall got her another one. 




The grandparents and siblings took off after the ceremony, so we only got a picture with us, Audrey, and Sarah. I was on the stand, so I couldn't tell everyone to wait, but my parents, Lynette and Andy were at the ceremony. 






After her graduation we had an open house for her friends to attend. We had more food than necessary, but it was nice to see how many people came to show her love. I apparently only took one picture of guests, but she felt loved. 




High School graduation is just the beginning of this kid's adult life and we're grateful we get to see where her road takes her. Congrats princess!


No comments: