We made it! The 2020/21 school year was one for the books. I did a good job of taking their first day of school pictures, but I didn't take one on their last day. I was subbing at the elementary and will pretend I forgot rather than I kind of didn't care. ;) I'll do them next year so we can compare them. I'll give a short summary of their school year.
Sarah had a year of growth. Lots of lesson to be learned, and lots learned. She's a remarkable young lady. Sarah decided to take all honors classes, including math, as well as AP Human Geography. It was a full load and she learned a lot about time management and what it can be like in college. Second term was a bit rough for her emotionally and mentally, but she...learned. :) She received High Honors in her other three terms and is pretty sure she did great on the AP exam. (fingers crossed) (Adding their school pictures, so I can add that she got a 4 on her AP exam, which is great)
Steven was a "Sevey" at school, meaning he was cooler than the sixlets, but not a king of the school like the 8th graders. He made honor roll every term, but that probably had something to do with us "forcing" him to turn in all of his work. I sometimes worry Steven's incredible socialness will get him in trouble, but his teachers love him. He was awarded 7th grade Humanities (history) student of the year. (Note from the future. It's November and this year we've been letting him be in control of his grades. What he earns is what he gets. It's been...hard. It's a good lesson to learn, and we want him to learn it now before he goes to High School next year.
Adam finished 5th grade, and that meant an end to elementary school. My little baby boy is going to Junior High. He's ready. He's one of the youngest kids in his grade, being a July birthday, but he does well academically and felt ready to move on, despite nerves. He's learning to balance school time and reading time. He loves to read, so he'll sometimes rush through assignments to he can read more. His teacher, Mrs. Hurst adored him. (I started this post in June and am now trying to recall things in November. It's been a busy five months with Mike gone)
Here's to a the end of a challenging school year! It was challenging year with Covid, but I've been impressed at the kid's resiliency.
No comments:
Post a Comment