Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day- Lynette's first 5k

 I succeeded in talking Lynette into running a 5k and we chose Memorial Day so Mike could join us. All of my kids agreed to run with us, but had varying degrees of enthusiasm. Steven took off at the beginning and then crashed a bit. He still finished with a respectable 35 min for a pace of 11:34. I think it's his slowest 5k, but he did it. Lynette and I stayed together the whole time and she finished in 43:28, which was below her goal. Sarah was with her at the beginning, and then her friend called so she wussed out a bit and finished in 44:57. ;)  Adam started with Steven, but got frustrated when Steven sped up. He fell back, but was in a bit of a funk. Mike chose to stay with him and they finished in 51:39. There was a lot of moaning and groaning, but if I'd only posted the pictures no one would have known the reality of the day. Lynette did fabulous and I'm going to talk her into making it a tradition. (She may not know that yet) 





After the race we went to Thanksgiving Point so Audrey could ride a pony, and then spent a bit of time at the reservoir. We were trying to pack a lot in before Mike took off in July. 








No comments: