Sunday, May 17, 2020

The Wonderful Week of Wiz!

Okay, Wiz=Liz, in case that wasn't obvious. ;) Today ends an eight day celebration of me and I want to write about it before I forget, because it really is something I want to remember. (When I'm even older than I am now and have completely forgotten everything.)

Last Sunday was Mother's Day, and it was one of the best I've ever had. I'm not sure why my family chose this year to up their game, but I'm not going to complain. Steven made delicious eggs and Sarah made blueberry muffins. I'll have to take pictures of the cards they made me to add to this post. They then gave me the perfect day which consisted of me going on a run in the morning followed by some mask making and gardening. My family was always around me, BUT, and this is the important part, I wasn't in charge of anyone. I didn't make meals. I didn't change diapers. I didn't have to answer a million questions. I got to exist with my family but not be as much as a mom as I usually am. ;) (I hope that displays the correct sentiment) It was a really peaceful day. Mike even woke up early to clean the main floor of the house since it was a little cluttered. He earned some serious hubby points.




A couple days ago was my 40th birthday. I won't go into what it's like to be this old yet, but my birthday was pretty amazing. (90% of it at least) As I'll mention in a separate post, Audrey broke her leg the day before my birthday, but we didn't know it was broken at the time. Mike and I started the day by hiking to the Herriman Flag. I wanted to make sure we were there on time, so we left early, but it ended up being WAY earlier than necessary. It was chilly on top so we hung out for a bit and then decided to see it rise as we walked down. Unfortunately it was cloudy and we ended up missing it when it actually rose above the mountains. (Sunrise was at 6:15, but it didn't poke up over the mountains until 6:40 ish) Sarah called us when we were almost down to say Audrey woke up sad, so we took her in and found out her leg was broken. I cried. Of course.
We got home and started on our day. We cancelled our reservation to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point and planned to hang out at home. While we hiked Sarah had woken up at 6 AM and decorated our house with amazing 40th birthday decorations. My doorbell range and, "Surprise!!!", my sister Ashley and her family had driven from Colorado for my birthday. I was so happy I cried again. A few minutes later the doorbell rings and, "Surprise!!!", my parents had driven out as well. I hadn't seen them since March and really missed my family. It was the perfect birthday gift.

The weekend was spent eating WAY too many Rewhipped and Crumble cookies. I had a steady stream of friends bring me treats and cards. Mike's parents came over and brought cookies. It was sugar coma heaven. Having a house full of kids is chaotic, but I loved it. My family did an amazing job of making me feel loved and I feel so blessed to have them.

Now, onto how I feel about being 40. It's honestly odd. Forty is kind of old. I don't feel 40. I don't feel like how I viewed 40 year olds when I was 20 or even 30. I'm in better shape than I was at 30, although my skin has lost some of its elasticity. ;) I've heard the saying, "Age isn't anything but a number", but didn't think it until now. Lets me honest, forty is old-ish. I don't feel old. I forget things and I'm tired, but I'm also no longer young and broke. It's a nice place to be.

Thank you to everyone that made Mother's Day and my birthday so special. It was an amazing week and I'm so thankful for each and every one of you. I love you! 








I was blessed with a lot of cards for my birthday and Mother's Day. 



No comments: