Most of the kids felt they were too old for the egg hunt, so they helped hide them for Audrey. She and Adam did most of the finding.
I had somehow tweaked my neck and was having shooting spasms when I moved, so I stayed in bed. I only got to watch from the window and take a picture. I'm glad I had so many helpers.
We didn't get to have Easter dinner with the Starleys, so I had a brunch casserole of funeral potatoes and ham all mixed in together. I must say, it was pretty good.
One of the things I've appreciated during this pandemic is the forced slowing down. We can't go a million miles a minute and schedule a ton of things. We have to stay home and exist. I'm sure this is much harder in some families and in some homes, but I've appreciated the slower schedules. For Easter we watched "The Lamb of God" as a family and spent the day relaxing and focusing on what is most important. Easter has become my favorite holiday next to Christmas because of what it means. Jesus Lives. Erik Lives. We will all live together as a family some day. All of this craziness has to happen before the Second Coming. I find so much peace in knowing there is a divine plan for our happiness, that truly is happiness.






No comments:
Post a Comment