In the early morning of June 8th I ran the Drop 13 Half, which is my 7th half marathon. This is my new favorite half. I feel like it's kind of cheating, because it's all downhill, but I'll still take it. My official time was 1:45:17, which was 40 seconds faster than my PR at the Revel half in 2017. Since I haven't had a ton of time to train, my expectations were low, but I felt good and the course is always complimentary. :) I put my jacket on over my hydration vest so I could take it off in case it got cold, and I didn't realize at first how funny it looked until I got some stares and snickers. ;)
This race gives out a finishers medal, and medals for ppl that Drop 13 lbs while training and those that PR. I definitely dropped 13 lbs while training, but that was mostly baby weight, so I couldn't count it. ;) I made sure to snag the PR medal. I've already signed up to run it next year.







No comments:
Post a Comment