Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Steven's DARE graduation

The DARE Program is alive and thriving in the 21st century. I don't remember a lot about the program when I was a kid, but remember the car and the idea. The kids school takes part in the program and I was impressed and happy at how into it Steven was. He would come home and tell us all about the DARE officer Jake Cutwright and the crazy stories he told them about bad guys. In order to graduate the students needed to write an essay about what they learned from the program and why it's important. Steven mentioned his uncle Kevin, although I don't know if by name, because he passed away from an accidental overdose from mixing two things that shouldn't have been mixed. He was looking forward to his graduation and Audrey and I attended to support him. He came and got her out of the stroller and showed her to all his friends.









No comments: