Monday, April 30, 2018

Hawaii day 1 & 2

Mike had simulator training on Oahu, so I decided to tag along. His work schedule was T-Th 8-2, so we flew out from Sunday to Friday so we'd have time to spend together. It turns out he only had to work T/W 8-1, so we got plenty of us time. My wonderful parents came out and took care of the kids while we were gone.

We stayed in the Waikiki Banyan resort. It wasn't directly on the beach, but we could see it from our room.

On Monday we decided to hike up the Koko Crater Railway Trail. The trail used to be an old rail line that goes straight up the mountain that was used to take artillery up. We passed quite a few people on our way up and were rewarded with an amazing view. I wore sandals, because I always wear sandals, and it wasn't a problem on the way up, but on the way down it was a little sketchy. 








After the stairs we went to the beach so Mike could snorkel. It was a little windy, and the water was rough, so I stayed on the beach and made sure he didn't drown while reading a good book. Mike got a good workout maneuvering through the waves. 




No comments: