Mike decided to recreate this picture from when she was born before she's too big to do it. He can be quite sentimental. :)
We had the customary birthday dinner at Mike's parents house the Sunday after her birthday. Sarah chose a Texas sheet cake with ice cream on top. An excellent choice in my opinion.
Her main birthday gift was us chipping in for an iphone and I made her a crocheted blanket that matched her quilt. I stole it back to add some flowers to it. I'm sure she knew it was for her all along, but she was nice enough not to assume. :)
Sarah is an amazing young lady! We have people tell us all the time, so I shouldn't be too surprised. ;) She is kind, caring, smart, nurturing, thoughtful and a host of other adjectives. She is getting tall and is a solid 5 ft. She still likes to read (of course) and she may only be 12, but she's already making plans for when she turns 16. We feel grateful every. single. day. we get to be her parents. We love you Princess!









No comments:
Post a Comment