Sunday, December 10, 2017

Baker's Dozen Half Marathon

Picture this: A road race where it's all meant for fun and you are fed as many cookies and doughnuts you can eat. Sounds like a dream, but it isn't. It's the "Baker's Dozen Half Marathon" held in southern Utah. When I heard about it I knew it was meant for me. I wasn't planning on doing it, but Mike thought it would be a good excuse to go on a mini vacation with the trailer. The race consists of four 5k laps and after each lap you stop at the "sugar shack" and have to eat a treat. My total time was 1:54, which is a decent time on a flat course with stops, although I think the race was a little shy of a full half marathon. It was a lot of fun and Mike actually ran the last 5k with me, which is a mini miracle. ;)




Here's my official race photo. There's a sign that tells you when to jump. 

We stayed at the Hurricane/St George KOA and had fun exploring. The kids found some trails and pretended there were creepy things. 



The kids playing Risk on Mike's tablet

I'm including this picture, because I love the fact that Mike does the dishes. He's a good one. 



No comments: