I wish I hadn't slacked off and taken so long to post this. (I'll back date it, but it's 12/3. Now it's 3/14/17. I stink at this. Now it's 11/20/17. The joys of trying to compile pictures from a dozen people) We got our new foster girl the day after Zion Ragnar and life got busy. Rachel Jolley and I really wanted the double medal for running both the Utah Ragnars this year, so we started looking for a team. My friend Matt had one spot on his team, but I wanted Rachel on my team. She found us two spots on a team with people neither of us had ever met. Two days, stuck in a truck with strangers. Sounds like fun, right? It was a blast! I don't know what it is about being in close quarters running that brings this bond, but we seriously all left as friends and keep in touch.
The six people in our van were Josh Johnson, his wife Leslie, Dennis, Molly, Rachel and myself. Our team name was I Be Pro Fun. (get it?) Here is a picture of us ladies before. Since Rachel and I were strangers on the team we didn't even meet the other van runners until exchange 12. (I think)
Rachel killing it like always
Finding my friend Matt would be like looking for a needle in a haystack since there were thousands of runners, but I saw him after my midnight run and met his boyfriend Mark. Our teams kept pace with each other fairly well so we saw each other a couple more times.
The random Ragnar Unicorn
Random dude running in a Speedo. Why not?!
Here is our van after the race: Josh, Leslie, Me, Molly and Dennis. Rachel had to take off right after, so she missed some of the finish line festivities. Evidence of how close teams get: While Leslie was running Josh told us that he's pretty sure she's pregnant, but they hadn't confirmed it yet. We were the first ones they told. She was in fact pregnant and had a little girl.
The coveted "Promised Land" medal. Totally worth all the lack of sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment