Sunday, June 12, 2016

Half Marathon #2

I've wanted to run a half marathon since moving back from Mississippi. There are a lot of great courses in Utah and I'd heard the Utah Valley Marathon course was a great one. My knees still hurt from the Zion Ragnar, so training was hard. When I went to do a long run my knees wouldn't let me go over seven, so that's the longest I ran in preparation. All I wanted was to beat my previous time of 1:55, but I was a little slower. I started off good but my knees started to ache at mile 8. I still finished in under 2 hours, but I signed up for it again in 2017 in hopes that I can train better. (I'm also doing the Zion Ragnar again so my knees will probably be shot again. Why do I run?!) ;) My friend Rachel is a speed demon. She said she was "hoping" to have a 9 min pace but of course ran it sub 8 min pace and took first in her age division. (Like always) My next door neighbor Adam and his friend also ran the half and my friend Danielle ran the 10k so we got to meet up at the end for a picture. 





No comments: