Thursday, May 12, 2016

Steven's Baptism

Yesterday Steven chose to be baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A couple years ago he told me very matter of fact that he didn't want to be baptized. The choice was his to make, so I of course didn't argue, but I anxiously waited to see if he would make the choice. Thankfully, he did, and we are very proud of him.


There were two other kids from the ward being baptized, so each family had a little part to play. Our family was in charge of the music. My sister Ashley was the pianist and did a wonderful job. She drove her three kids out here without her husband while being pregnant and uncomfortable. (I just realized I didn't get any other pictures from his baptism.) Sarah practiced really hard and did a special musical number of "I love to see the temple", which is one of Steven's favorite church songs. Mike performed the baptism and confirmation. 



A few days before I took him to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to take some pictures of him. I had to sweeten the deal with the promise of milk shakes after since he doesn't love the idea of having his picture taken. I love this handsome guy of ours. 






We're very grateful for the example Steven is to all of us and especially his younger brother. We love you dudemous! 

No comments: