Sunday, May 8, 2016

Hogle Zoo in February and April

I don't post a lot of our little field trips, but this one was memorable enough to note. The last Wednesday of each month during the winter months Hogle Zoo has free admission. It's usually pretty busy, but I thought it would be worth it to take Adam and our little guy. Parents are the ones that care about weather and crowds. Kids just want to see animals.

We started out in the reptile house and then went to the otter house to visit Erik and Kevin's fish. We took the usual tiger photo opp and then headed up hill to see the giraffes.





When we started going uphill I asked our little guy to walk since I'd pushed him for the previous hour. He didn't like that idea. At. All. I didn't get a picture of him lying on the ground yelling about how much he hated walking and feet, because that would have looked bad, but I got some good pictures of the pouting. Is it okay that I found it cute?



We went to the ape house but I still made him walk. Evil, I know. He wasn't happy about it. (Does this make me seem like a horrible person? I promise, he was well fed, rested and he didn't walk very far.)



He and Adam took pictures with the ape statue and then we rode the train. Oh the memories!




In April we took a trip with Adam's kindergarten class. It was SO COLD! I bribed the kids with a french fry break twice so we could go into the restaurant and escape the weather. :) We didn't wander as much but we did get a picture with Erik and Kevin's fishes and with some of his classmates at the gorilla. 


His a picture of him in the morning before we left and one of us on the bus. I love my little buddy boy!


No comments: