Sunday, December 27, 2015

Merry Christmas!

 It's only January 9th as I write this, so I'm not too far behind. (yes I am, I'd drowning in potential blog posts) ;) We had a wonderful Christmas this year. (It's now February 4th, so I'd better finish up and publish this)

We started a new family tradition of being bell ringers for the Salvation Army. I didn't know who was allowed to volunteer, or what needed to be done to do it, but there was an article in the Deseret News saying they were short volunteers, so we contacted them. We brought candy canes to pass out to everyone that entered the store and I think it helped. The donations came in abundance until we ran out of candy canes. I tried to buy more, but the store had already sold out.

Children's Nativity at our ward's Christmas Party



We ran into Mr. and Mrs. Claus while looking at lights
As I've mentioned in numerous posts before, I should never be the designated picture taker on holidays. I looked through our Christmas morning pictures and I failed to get one of each of the kids. Well, just one kid. My baby. :( At least he won't see this for a few years and when he does, he'll forgive my absentmindedness. I did however get quite a few of Mike and his Christmas toys.





My baby sister Ashley acquired a beautiful set of china for me, so I finally got to set my table all fancy shmancy. I loved it. We decorated the kids table as well, although Sarah wanted to eat on the fine china. I can't blame her.


I should have taken pictures of the kids with Mike's parents but I didn't, because I stink at this, so next year. NEXT YEAR! Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful time with your family and loved ones. I did.

No comments: