Sunday, October 11, 2015

U of U 5K- Sarah's first 5k

On October 10th our family continued our annual tradition of running the U of U Homecoming 5k. A week or so before Sarah had ran about 2 1/2 miles for her schools fundraiser so she decided to try running a 5k. I was proud of her before she even started. Here are some prerace pictures. This race is always so much fun and there is a lot of energy.




Here is a picture of Sarah during the race. We held hands almost the whole time so we could help each other. Sarah completed the race in 32:37, which is a great time. She said she's done racing for now, but I hope she's willing to run it each year. It was nice to have a running partner.

While we were racing Amelia, Steven and Adam collected nuts and cheered on the runners. When it was their turn for the 1k they all ran their fastest. This is the first year the boys ran hard without stopping. I haven't been able to convince Mike to run a 5k with me, but he always runs with the kids. :)






I've now seen this guy at two races. He was at the "Race for Grief" I ran with Stephanie last month. He does a great job of making all the non-runners feel like slackers. :)


No comments: