(It's November 2018 and I wrote this whole post but didn't post it for some reason)
Steven is a very creative kid. He loves to build and create. From a young age one of his favorite things to create has been various weapons. I'm from a family of all girls, so this was foreign territory for me. We don't have any toy weapons in the house and don't let them watch any violent shows, yet my young boy was making guns out of random household items. We have a large set of Trio Blocks that he and the neighbor kids use to make arsenals or weapons and then chase each other around the yard. Here.....(I can't find whatever picture I must have been referring to, but I'm sure it was really cool.)
Steven likes to draw pictures and then go into a lot of detail describing the picture. A few months ago he drew a picture of a large missile that broke up into smaller missiles to pinpoint various targets at once. It was basically the Jericho missile from Iron Man even though Steven has never seen the movie. Even though it was a weapon of mass destruction, I thought it was very creative. I set it aside, but it ended up in the recycling bin. He drew basically the same missile once or twice more but since they get lumped into a pile they got recycled. (bad mom, I know)
Last Sunday I wanted him to draw it so I could document his creativity. I reminded him of what he did in the past, but since it wasn't his original idea drawn without Mom's suggestion, it turned out quite different. (Again, no picture. I'm going to post it because I remember all of this and it was really good, but will chalk it up to a parenting failure. It's now three years later and they still love to create weapons with Trio Bloks and design "cool" stuff on paper.)
No comments:
Post a Comment