Sunday, August 24, 2014

"There's a monster in my room!"

I'm going to invite Mike to write about something cute Adam did yesterday while I was running.

Adam came to me and said, "Dad, there's a monster sneaking around my room.  You need to come help me look for him."  I asked him how he knew there was a monster in his room and he said, "I haven't seen it or heard it, but I know he's there.  Come help me find him and get him out!"  I again asked what made him think there was a monster lurking in his room if he hadn't seen it.  He told me, "I know there's a monster in there because he scratched my wall."  I proceded to follow Adam into his room to help him look for this monster and to see the "scratches" on the wall.  I did not expect to actually see scratches on his wall, especially since I had been in there 10 minutes earlier and everything in his room was in order.  To my surprise, there were in fact, scratches on his wall.

I asked Adam how the scratches got there and he told me the monster had done it with its big claws.  I asked him how it had actually happened and he confessed he had done it with a key to trick me into thinking there was a monster in his room.

This is Liz again. When I got home from my run Mike told me Adam scratched his wall. My immediate question was, "Did you put him on time-out?". Mike said that he didn't and then told me the story. He said he used it as a teaching tool of what not to do, but thanked him for his honesty. I think he handled it perfectly. :) Hopefully there aren't any more monsters lurking through our house. :)

No comments: