Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cousin time in Utah and Colorado

I love my family! Having four sisters means having four friends. Although getting us all together at the same time can be a bit hectic, I'm grateful we're once again within driving distance from my side of the family.

In July my sister Ashley and her family came out to spend a few days with us. Ashley was seven months pregnant, so I was very thankful she was willing to make the drive. (which she probably regretted afterwards) There is a lot to do around here but we mostly just hung out.

Sarah played dress-up with my adorable niece. Sarah took the picture on the left and Isabelle's dad took the one on the right. Isn't she adorable?!

We had fun at the Sierra Newbold park in West Jordan. I somehow failed to get any pictures of Isabelle's little sister Alyson.





I did have the grand idea to take them up to the top of Kennecott to look into the mine but I underestimated the drive time. Thirty to forty minutes each way up a dirt road while pregnant may not have been the best idea. :) It's a good thing my sister loves me and pretended to have fun. :)

In August the kids and I drove to Colorado to spend a week with my family before school started. I always forget how long the 7 1/2 hour drive is, which is why I keep making it every few months. The highlights of the trip were meeting my adorable new nephew Keaton, going to the fair and going boating.

First up was the fair. Three of my sisters and parents were there for the fun. I'm adding some pictures my sister Ashley took. Hers can always be distinguished by the better quality. :)




Adam and Isable were ride buddies and yes, she is the
"cutest niece ever". :)


The kids had a blast boating. My sister took my parents small boat and the rest of us were on the bigger boat. Steven loved hanging out with his big cousins Braiden and Connor.


I always wanted a cool pregnancy T but never got one :)

Mike was on a trip over the weekend and had a layover in Cheyenne. We drove up to meet him and have lunch with him and his crew.
The boys crossing the danger line




When Mike and my brother-in-law Dave put the kids up in front of the engine my sister and I were a little nervous because we could see the engine blades spinning. The men didn't seem to care. I asked Mike about it later, wondering why he'd put our children in harms way for a photo op and he told me the engines were off and the blades were spinning with the wind. He said he could have stopped it with his hand. 


No comments: