Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year! New years resolution and new calling

Happy New Year! Although there were plenty of good things that happened in 2013 I'm happy that it's over and looking forward to starting new in 2014. Mike and I stayed true to our New Years tradition of being in bed by 10 PM. We've been awake at midnight maybe five out of our ten years together. Maybe next year we can be in bed by nine although the kids are already begging to stay up until midnight.

I don't usually make New Year resolutions, but I thought of a change I wanted to make and figured this would be the best way to do it. If I make it public then I'll be sure to follow through. I am going to be a better Aunt this year. That may sound too simple, but it's something I've been thinking about. I'm going to make sure I send birthday cards to all my nephews and nieces on their birthdays as well as call them. I get together with my sister Kristal, because she lives in Utah, but unless I happen to see my other nephews and nieces around their birthdays I don't do anything. So there you go. Family, I will be better. :)

Today I started my new church calling. (assignment) I get to teach Sunday School to the 12 year old class. I found out today there are 21 kids in my class. Only 15 come to church regularly, but that should still make for a full class. I love working with the youth and am looking forward to teaching them. After I had them introduce themselves one of the girls asked, "Are you the one that passed out in Sacrament meeting?" Ha ha. After I said yes some other kids said, "That was you?!" "I remember that!" At least they know who I am. (In case you don't know that story you can read about it HERE) The new curriculum is, "Come Follow Me" and I like the way it has the youth take a more active part in the lessons.

Today was a great day and I'm looking forward to what 2014 has in store.

2 comments:

Jes said...

Happy New Year! Congrats on the new calling, I acquired a class of 10 precocious 4 year olds! ;) I love your resolution, I need to be better about that also, especially since moving!

Home Is Where We Land said...

I hope your 2014 is great! And you do have readership ;) I've been behind on reading but just because people don't comment doesn't mean we don't look forward to your posts! Love reading about you all now that you're so far away!