I love our little story telling Steven. He never has a shortage for words and a lot of what he says has us laughing. When he was about three he always told stories about his friend Onin. (pronounces Aw-nen) Onin was a trouble maker at his house and always seemed to talk Steven into doing things he shouldn't. His parents were strong disciplinarians, but he still taught Steven all sorts of mischievous things.
A few weeks ago I needed to be somewhere slightly earlier than when Steven needed to be at school so he went to a classmates house. He was there maybe 45 minutes but has been telling story after story of what he and Andrew did. Apparently Andrew has an elaborate trap building set they used on his mom. He is a master Minecraft builder and taught Steven the ins and outs of the game. (I doubt many kids his age are as skilled at the game as he is. Whether or not that's a good thing) They played a dozen different games he told me about and is more interesting than any one I've heard of.
At first I thought the stories were true and then I realized we had another embellished friend on our hands. I can't remember a lot of them, but I'll have Steven tell me some tomorrow and write them down. We had to remind him that it's okay to tell us made up stories but he has to make sure we know they're made up. Whenever Steven wants to interject himself into a conversation he just says, "Oh year, Andrew...." and he is instantly part of every story.
There is never a dull moment with our funny little dude!
No comments:
Post a Comment